Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Of Hiking in the Moonlight & Crushing on Fashion Editors...

I have to say that the best job I've shot in Portland (fashion-wise) was for Ministry Magazine out of London that summer. The photographer happened to have grown up in Oregon and wanted to shoot a story up on Mt. Hood. I booked the job and this is how it went:

8/14

I worked Friday & Saturday with an amazing team. Finally, a real editorial shoot in Portland. We shot in the wilderness of Mt. Hood and the Columbia Gorge. Truly stunning. On Friday we finished so late that we ended up hiking down the mountain by the light of the moon. It was both terrifying and beautiful. The fashion editor of the magazine is only 22 and hilarious. He drove out to location with me in my car and had me in stitches the entire time. At one point we pulled over so that he could take a picture of a morbidly obese family to show his co-workers in London what an "American family" really looks like. He wants me to come to London.....I think I'm smitten.

(and then for some reason I tacked this quote to the end of the entry...)

"Close your eyes, that is the difference. Sometimes you can't believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel."

A shot from the editorial (yes, those were Burberry stilettos and everyone was freaking out that they would get wet in the stream...all this as I attempted to look like a fabulous wood nymph while balancing on 3 inch heels on a slippery, lichen covered rock. I love fashion.)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Shantanu said...

Sounds like work! :) Nice pic, never really think about what it takes to get these perfect shots...

Morayma said...

thanks!! and it's true....sometimes we go through hell to take what looks like a very natural and comfortable shot!

Daneris said...

Hi,

I just read through your entire blog. I really love it I would have emailed you or left a private message but I couldn't find a link. It's amazing that you were able to travel so much, really wonderful stories.

Since I don't have the means to travel it's nice to read stories on the net. If I could be a model wow that would wonderful. Lets say I am face challenged, yes genes can be very unfair to some people.

Can't wait to read the next post:-D

Morayma said...

daneris...thank you so much for the compliment on my blog! i really appreciate it and am glad you are enjoying what you've read so far! sometimes i froget anyone reads this stuff! LOL! the stories will keep getting better too....so far this has just been the tip of the iceberg! :-D