Tuesday, January 02, 2007

South Beach Travel Journal Part 2

2/25

I leave South Beach in less than a week. My heart aches. I already feel homesick for this place, for my friends. I don't think I've ever grown so attached to a place before, and it's probably because this is where I grew into myself. I comfort myself by knowing that I will be back in 9 months. I have a lot to do and many difficult decisions to make between now & then and the months will fly by. I wonder what kind of person I will be when I return.

I'll never forget last Saturday. Dinner with Kari, Mandy, Jason, and Jen at Big Pink. Four shots of tequila at Amnesia and dancing non-stop for four hours with Linley. We left Shag at 4:30am with Linley, Shay & Todd and went skinny dipping in the ocean. The water was warm. I kept thinking about sharks. We ran to Linley's beachfront apartment all covered in sand and salt water and he let us pass out in his beautiful home. The next morning he bought us all cafe con leches and made us pancakes, omelettes and bacon He is an amazing cook. We went back that night for the best barbeque that I have ever had. He invited us to spend a week in Costa Rica with him this August where he owns some land that he plans to develop into a resort. We have to figure out a way to go.

"It's not how long you live, but how MUCH you live that matters."

No comments: