Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Little Model Internet Shopping

I gotta say, I can only imagine how much more work there is available now for models then there was when I was traveling. When I was living out of my suitcase and hitting up the different markets for work, we worked strictly for print and commercials. Now there are all kinds of crossover bookings like video lookbooks and internet catalogs. Those didn't exist in my day. God, I feel like a dinosaur admitting to that, but there it is.

Luckily, I have gotten to book some internet catalogs up here in Portland for the likes of Reebok and Nike, but can you imagine the castings in Milan or Tokyo for these jobs? Have mercy...I cannot imagine the number of castings growing that much more...what...from 15 castings to 30 in a day? Must be good to be a baby model and out in the world right about now. ;)

Speaking of these internet catalogs and video lookbooks, I stumbled upon some gorgeous little numbers from marc by marc jacobs on Bluefly.com the other day that made me wish I was still working full time. Marc by Marc Jacobs has some delicious tops, skirts and a leather wallet that is to die for out right now. Marc Jacobs always does an amazing job at creating classic pieces that have just enough edge to them to make them work for women of all ages, and looking at his latest collection was definitely drool worthy.

And you don't even get me started on the marc jacobs handbags which are divine, for lack of a better word. The woven fringe hobo and the metallic "Little Stam" are on my wish list for sure. Just gorgeous.

Oh boy, I am just gonna have to sit here and daydream a little about these gorgeous fashion confections. One of these days I'll get myself back to a market where there is actual money to be made, and I will be treating myself to a little somethin' from Marc Jacobs. Yep, I think I will!

No comments: