Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Picture Me....Back in Milan

Wow....I am watching the documentary by Sarah Ziff called Picture Me which is about the ins and outs of the modeling world....very real and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about this life....Needless to say it makes me want to write even more! ;)

Ok, so now that I want to catch myself and whoever is reading this up to date...I have to get back to Milan (2nd season). Besides a lot of parties, castings, eating, bookings, and other random modelhood moments, there really wasn't too much earthshaking that went on. I did end up having my apartment to myself for a glorious three weeks when my roommate left for Germany. After three weeks a sweet Estonian girl named Olga Shipilova moved in, and one again I had lucked out in the awesome roomie department. She was young but had that mature quality that so many European girls have compared to their American counterparts. She was fluent in English and intelligent and loved gelato as much as I did. Another match made in roomie heaven.

My jobs that season consisted of editorials for "teen" magazines, catalogs, more work for La Rinascente, more short hair beauty stories, and a month of showroom for Byblos. It was just another season surround by great friends, and doing what I loved. Besides a pretty normal season I had one momentous occasion that I will never forget.....about 6 weeks into the season I got a call from my friend Neil inviting Kari and myself to spend a long weekend in Monte Carlo on his yacht for the Monaco Grand Prix. It would be the weekend of my birthday.....and without hesitation, I booked out with my agency and started prepping for a few days of complete and total celebrity treatment.

More to come on that amazing moment in my life....but for now, a few shots from Della Bass taken in a park outside of Milan, natural light, no retouching...the way it used to be.





No comments: